Broccoli Quinoa Salad
- Baking Sheet
- Small Bowl or Cup
- Food Processor/ Blender
- Large Bowl
- 33.5 oz Hanover Foods Frozen Broccoli
- ¼ cup Olive Oil not used on same step
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil not used on same step
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Honey
- ½ Lemon just the juice
- 1 Clove of Garlic Ground/Cut up or grated
- Chopped Walnuts or Almonds optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 F°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, then set aside.
- Thaw than toss broccoli florets in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and golden.
- Combine Dijon, honey/maple syrup, lemon, garlic, and remaining ¼ cup olive oil in a small bowl or cup and stir to combine. The dressing will be thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the broccoli is roasted, carefully pour it into a food processor. Pulse until small pieces of broccoli remain.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa and pulsed broccoli. Pour dressing on top, and mix to combine. Add walnuts or almonds if desired. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold!