Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 12 Count Muffin/Cupcake Tin with Paper Liners
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 10.5 Hanover Foods Organic Sweet Potatoes cooked according to package directions
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter softened
- ⅔ cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Butter softened
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Walnuts finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Line 12 count muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes until slightly fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients mixture and buttermilk. Still until well combined. Mix in Hanover Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Fill cupcake cups ⅔ full (about ¼ cup each).
- In small bowl crumble together topping ingredients and sprinkle over cupcakes.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in baking tin before removing to wire rack to cool for an additional 5 minutes.